Reports to: President
Type: Full Time position
Location: Sidney, BC.
AXYS Analytical Services Ltd. is a growing specialty analytical company, delivering client-oriented results through scientific excellence in analytical chemistry for 40 years. AXYS data supports businesses of a global client base and frequently informs decisions of local and global environmental significance, from North America to Europe, Asia and the Polar Regions. Located on Canada’s Pacific coast in an area of pristine natural beauty and in close proximity to historic Victoria and cosmopolitan Vancouver, we offer the rare balance of a challenging and rewarding career combined with superb year-round recreational opportunities.
The Sales Administrator is responsible for supporting the revenue and client satisfaction objectives of the sales team. The position is expected to work independently to provide essential support for the sales team, supporting the sales operations, inside sales, and marketing functions as needed. Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, professional and possess strong organizational, project management, technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support account managers and inside sales staff with sales driven requests and customer-specific sales needs.
- Monitors bid sites for potential opportunities, and escalate opportunities as found to the appropriate candidates or RFP process.
- Be part of the team that monitors the incoming sales telephone line and web inquiries and respond or assign follow-up accordingly.
- Assists in the preparation of responses to RFPs and quotes, including participating in kick-off meetings, pulling relevant reports, coordinating inputs, generating response, and printing/packaging/mailing to meet deadlines.
- Supports prospecting and lead generation through specific opportunity market research to obtain critical contact information to assist in generating new sales opportunities.
- Coordinates with marketing to develop targeting lists for lead generation campaigns.
- Optimizes the use of sales enablement tools by the sales teams – CRM, library databases, etc.
- Manages and maintains Salesforce CRM database, including inputting prospects into SalesForce.com for all sales leads and prepare pipeline reports.
- Inputs information from Sales Account Managers into Salesforce as directed.
- Assists the Sales Operations Coordinator with generating revenue forecasts and other reports from Salesforce.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of AXYS products and services.
- Assists in the preparation of sales presentations for specific clients as requested.
- Maintains a database of required client compliance activities and current compliance status; provide clients with appropriate information – insurance, licenses, registration, etc. as needed to remain in compliance.
- Supports trade shows and or events as needed by marketing or sales.
- With marketing, research market trends/needs and report semi-annually on the research/findings around competitive intelligence on both current and emerging competitors.
- Assists marketing coordinator in creation of marketing collateral and sales tools.
Skills & Experience
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Friendly and professional team player with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal/relationship building skills.
- Self-assured, tactful and supportive. Dedicated, with good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to manage high volume workloads and changing priorities – proven background managing multiple assignments effectively.
- Ability to succeed with little supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in interfacing directly with clients and client associates preferred.
- Knowledge of salesforce.com preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, all Microsoft Applications – especially Excel) and internet skills essential.
- Strong desire to work with data management and have the ability to manipulate data via Excel.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration or Science. Science training preferred but not required. No experience in the position necessary.
How to Apply
Please apply using the form at the right, including uploading your cover letter and resume. Direct questions to email@example.com, and please note the job you are applying for when you inquire. If you wish to apply to more than one job, please submit the form once for each position.
Applications that do not include resume or cover letter may not be considered.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who we Are
AXYS provides analytical services for principally North American clients in the public (federal, state/provincial & municipal), industrial and private (consultancy, university & NGO) sectors. Our methodology is based on GC-HRMS, LC-MS/MS and GC-MS analysis of organic compounds in human, animal, water, soil, air, effluent, sludge and sediment matrices. AXYS is recognized internationally as a world leader in the analysis of perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), polybrominated diphenylethers (PBDEs), multi-residue pesticides, perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs), dioxins/furans and PCBs. AXYS actively conducts Method Development for emerging contaminants under contract to government and industrial clients, focused on measurement of novel contaminants, complex matrices and low detection limits with high scientific defensibility (e.g. USEPA methods 1614, 1694, 1698, 1699). The reputation for excellence is a direct result of the dedication and experience of staff focused on solving complex analyte-matrix combinations for clients over three decades, with dedicated client service staff and world-class senior environmental chemists.