Reports to: Client Services Manager
Type: Term position to cover a maternity leave
AXYS Analytical Services Ltd. is a growth-focused, environmental and life science analytical chemistry business. We have led ultra-trace analysis of Contaminants of Emerging Concern and Persistent Organic Pollutants for over 40 years by an unwavering commitment to satisfying private and public sector clients’ needs for environmental analytical solutions and exceptional data integrity. Our value lies in excellent analytical science and innovation focused on client solutions.
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, this position is focused on responding to the needs of clients to plan and successfully execute projects with AXYS. The successful candidate should expect to be involved in all aspects of client interaction and will be the day to day “face” of AXYS to client personnel involved in completing analytical projects.
This will include:
- being an effective advocate for the needs of the client;
- arranging the involvement of other AXYS personnel as required to meet client needs; and
- effectively communicating the requirements of customer satisfaction to the AXYS organization.
A relevant (Chemistry or equivalent) post secondary education is a prerequisite for this position.
- In response to customer inquiries or in support of sales, use effective communication techniques to define and align customer needs with the most appropriate existing AXYS capabilities;
- Serve as an effective advocate for the needs of the client;
- Coordinate the involvement of other AXYS personnel, as required, to meet client needs;
- Effectively communicating the requirements of customer satisfaction to the AXYS organization;
- Document, as appropriate;
- Maintain current client billing, shipping, contact, and project information, as required;
- Define and arrange for the shipping of sampling media and supplies to clients;
- Define and arrange shipment of samples to AXYS to meet project requirements;
- Manage work subcontracted to other laboratories;
- Assist in the construction of bid proposals and contract renewals;
- Maintain or update AXYS information required in contracts directly, through sales, or through the sales operations coordinator;
- Review reports to clients, ensuring adherence to project requirements, preparing case narrative details when required; and
- Respond to client technical concerns in a timely fashion. This includes an ability to review QC for compliance to AXYS and customer requirements, escalating where appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.Sc. in Chemistry or related/science experience preferred;
- Strong communication, organization, multi-tasking, time-management and presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several projects simultaneously;
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with increasing initiative, without close supervision;
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Team player – works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded;
- 1-3 years of experience in a technical service field is preferred; and
- Knowledge of analytical processes and LIMS systems preferred.
How to Apply:
Please use the form to the right to apply for the job, including uploading cover letter and resume. Direct questions to email@example.com.
Who We Are:
AXYS provides analytical services for principally North American clients in the public (federal, sate/provincial & municipal), industrial and private (consultancy, university & NGO)
sectors. Our methodology is based on GC-HRMS, LC-MS/MS and GC-MS analysis of organic compounds in human, animal, water, soil, air, effluent, sludge and sediment
matrices. AXYS is recognized internationally as a world leader in the analysis of perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), polybrominated diphenylethers (PBDEs), multi-residue
pesticides, perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs), dioxins/furans and PCBs. AXYS actively conducts Method Development for
emerging contaminants under contract to government and industrial clients, focused on measurement of novel contaminants, complex matrices and low detection limits with high
scientific defensibility (e.g. USEPA methods 1614, 1694, 1698, 1699).
The reputation for excellence is a direct result of the dedication and experience of staff focused on solving complex analyte-matrix combinations for clients over four decades.
AXYS client service is founded on an intimate understanding of its client needs and the value AXYS can bring to its clients. Senior environmental chemists have world-class reputations for their innovative approach to providing the appropriate solutions to client needs.