Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
Type: Full Time position
Location: Sidney, BC.
AXYS Analytical Services Ltd. is a growth-focused, environmental and life science analytical chemistry business. We have led ultra-trace analysis of Contaminants of Emerging Concern and Persistent Organic Pollutants for over 30 years by an unwavering commitment to satisfying private and public sector clients’ needs for environmental analytical solutions and exceptional data integrity. Our value lies in excellent analytical science and innovation focused on client solutions.
The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the finance and administration team, providing support in several areas including reception and general administration.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the business unit that includes operation of a multi-line switchboard, general clerical tasks, filing, financial reconciliation and data-entry, bank deposits, and coordinating meeting resources.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Receiving and re-directing incoming telephone calls, handling caller inquires, taking messages when required and receiving visitors;
- Perform bank deposits as required;
- Assist with accounts payable processing/data entry / scanning as requested;
- Perform designated financial reconciliations;
- Prepare and reconcile expense claims;
- Financial and other filing, as requested;
- Copying and general assistance as required;
- Coordinating courier pick-up and delivery services;
- Maintaining timely, accurate telephone lists;
- Review and distribute incoming faxes, send outgoing as required;
- Receive, sort and forward incoming mail;
- Prepare and mail outgoing correspondence;
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies;
- Coordinate the repairs and maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machines;
- Manage conference room reservations and organize all aspects for meetings;
- Type correspondence and reports; edit and update various spreadsheets;
- Assist with travel arrangements as requested;
- Special projects as assigned; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The role reports to the Accounting Supervisor;
- Direction or requests may come from any member of the management team, including special project requirements;
- There are no positions reporting to this position.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Adhere to the expectations outlined in AXYS’s Code of Ethics and SGS Code of Integrity.
- Superior organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.); with a solid understanding of Excel;
- Experience with data entry and accounts payables is desirable;
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment;
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve common goals and objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; and
- Independent judgment is required to prioritize, plan, organize a diverse workload.
How to Apply
Please apply using the form at the right, including uploading your cover letter and resume. Direct questions to email@example.com, and please note the job you are applying for when you inquire. If you wish to apply to more than one job, please submit the form once for each position.
Applications that do not include resume or cover letter may not be considered.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who we Are
AXYS provides analytical services for principally North American clients in the public (federal, state/provincial & municipal), industrial and private (consultancy, university & NGO) sectors. Our methodology is based on GC-HRMS, LC-MS/MS and GC-MS analysis of organic compounds in human, animal, water, soil, air, effluent, sludge and sediment matrices. AXYS is recognized internationally as a world leader in the analysis of perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), polybrominated diphenylethers (PBDEs), multi-residue pesticides, perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs), dioxins/furans and PCBs. AXYS actively conducts Method Development for emerging contaminants under contract to government and industrial clients, focused on measurement of novel contaminants, complex matrices and low detection limits with high scientific defensibility (e.g. USEPA methods 1614, 1694, 1698, 1699). The reputation for excellence is a direct result of the dedication and experience of staff focused on solving complex analyte-matrix combinations for clients over three decades, with dedicated client service staff and world-class senior environmental chemists.